Ankita Lokhande is a popular actress who needs no introduction. But those who are not familiar with the name of Ankita Lokhande, tell them that Ankita Lokhande is a popular television actress who has worked in many big television serials as well as film industry and web series.
Ankita Lokhande is counted among the biggest actresses of the television industry. Ankita is mainly known for her debut serial ‘Pavitra Rishta’ in which she was seen opposite Sushant Singh Rajput.
Actress Ankita Lokhande was born in a Marathi family in Indore, a city known as the capital of Madhya Pradesh. Ankita Lokhande’s father’s name was ‘Srikanth’ who was a news reporter while her mother’s name was Vandana Phadnis who was working as a teacher. He also has two brothers whose name is ‘Suraj’ and ‘Arpan’, while he also has a sister whose name is ‘Jyoti’.
Talking about the education of Ankita Lokhande, according to the information available on the Internet, Ankita Lokhande did her schooling and graduation from her native place Indore.
According to sources, Ankita had also taken admission in Frankfinn Institute in Indore to take training to become an air hostess. Ankita was very fond of acting and dancing since the beginning, so after completing her graduation, she decided to move to Mumbai in 2005 to pursue her acting career.
Ankita Lokhande’s Television Career
In the year 2005, Ankita Lokhande had come to Mumbai to pursue her acting career as per her interest, but she was facing a lot of struggle there. In 2006, Ankita participated in a Zee show ‘Idea Zee Cinestar’.
While she could not make it to the top 5, her superb dancing skills made her popular, which also caught her in the eyes of many artists.
Ankita was earlier going to step into the acting world with a serial ‘Bali Age Ko Salaam’ of NDTV India but that show did not progress. After this Ankita Lokhande started her acting career with Ekta Kapoor’s show ‘Pavitra Rishta’ from the year 2009.
Actor Sushant Singh Rajput also debuted with Ankita in the serial Pavitra Rishta. This serial was included in the list of most watched serials of that time.
This serial ‘Pavitra Rishta’ of Ekta Kapoor ran from the year 2009 to the year 2014 and due to the excellent acting of Ankita Lokhande, she also got a lot of popularity from this serial. In 2011, Ankita Lokhande was also seen in the fourth season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa opposite Sushant Singh Rajput.
In the same year, she also appeared in the reality show ‘Comedy Circus’. Apart from this, in the year 2013, Ankita also worked in a mini-series ‘Ek Thi Nayak’.
Ankita Lokhande is one of those Bollywood actresses who started her career in television and is currently working in films.
Lokhande was supposed to start with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmaavat but he left the film and said that he is not ready for films yet.
After this news came that Ankita would be seen in the film ‘Torbaaz’ with Sanjay Dutt but the news turned out to be false and she did not appear in that film either.
But finally Ankita Lokhande made her film debut with Bollywood’s Dabangg actress Kangana Ranaut’s film ‘Manikarnika’. In this film, she played the character of Jhalkari Bai.
Ankita Lokhande’s debut film Manikarnika released on the Republic Day of the year 2019 and despite having a very high budget, the film emerged as a commercial success and managed to make a great box office collection. Ankita Lokhande’s performance in Manikarnika was well received by the audience.
After this, actress Ankita appeared in Sajid Nadia’s film Baaghi 3 in the year 2020, in which she played Shraddha Kapoor’s sister and Tiger Shroff’s sister-in-law. In this film, she was married to Riteish Deshmukh’s elder sister and her character was well-liked in this film as well.
Personal life of Ankita Lokhande
Talking about the personal life of actress Ankita Lokhande, in the year 2010, she started dating her then co-star Sushant Singh Rajput and they were also in a long-term relationship. Actor Sushant Singh Rajput also proposed her in front of everyone in the reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa in the year 2011.
In an interview in the year 2016, Ankita and Sushant Singh Rajput also talked about marrying each other, but in the same year due to some reason both of them changed their ways and they broke up. After this, Ankita Lokhande stayed away from the acting world for almost 2 years.
In the year 2019, Ankita Lokhande announced her relationship which was with a popular business Vicky Jain. Ankita and Vicky are engaged and soon they are going to become husband and wife too.
Even though Ankita is surrounded by many controversies due to various reasons, but if we talk about her acting skills, then Ankita has mastered it and this is the reason why she has also been successful in making a lot of progress in a short time. If we talk about the achievements of Ankita, then they are as follows:
|2010||Boroplus Gold Female Award for Debut in Lead Role|
|2010||Indian Television Academy Award for Face of the Year Female|
|2011||Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role|
|2011||Star Gold Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series|
|2012||Indian Teli Award for Television Personality of the Year|
|2012||Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role|
|2014||Star Gold Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series|
Interesting facts about Ankita Lokhande
Lokhande has earned a lot of name and popularity due to his excellent acting skills. If you are also interested in knowing about Ankita Lokhande, then you should know about these facts related to her:
- Ankita Lokhande was born in a middle-class family in Indore and had no background in the film industry, but despite that, she entered the television industry on her own and gained popularity with her excellent acting skills.
- You will be surprised to know that Ankita Lokhande used to participate in sports activities when she was in school and she was a great badminton player. She has been at the state level of Madhya Pradesh in the game of badminton.
- After graduation, Ankita Lokhande went to Mumbai with the dream of making her name in the acting world but there she had to struggle for a long time and finally she decided to participate in the reality show.
- Ankita Lokhande started her television career with a dance reality show ‘Zee Cine Star’ in which she did not reach the top 5 but she got a lot of popularity due to her excellent dancing skills.
- When Ankita stepped into the world of television, her salary was ₹ 10000 in the beginning and at that time because she was struggling in Mumbai, this salary also proved to be very helpful for her.
- Because Ankita Lokhande had become popular due to her participation in Zee Cine Star and she also had a fine acting skill, she was selected in the lead role for Pavitra Rishta and she put her life into her character. This serial gave him a lot of popularity.
- In 2011, Ankita Lokhande along with her co-star Sushant Singh Rajput participated in the dance related reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa where Prashant proposed to her.
- Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande were in a relationship for more than 6 years and they had also planned marriage, but after being in a relationship for a long time, both of them suddenly broke up.
- Although the reason for the breakup between Ankita Lokhande and Sushant Singh Rajput is not yet clear, but it is said that Sushant Singh Rajput’s closeness with some Bollywood actresses was increasing, then Ankita broke up with them.
- You would be surprised to know that Sushant Singh Rajput had bought around 300 saris for Ankita Lokhande so that she could play her role in Pavitra Rishta with precision.
- Ankita Lokhande’s first film was Manikarnika in which she appeared opposite actress Kangana Ranaut but even before that she was going to be seen in the lead role in films like Happy New Year and Sultan but she was replaced by other actresses.