Amitabh Bachchan is the most popular actor of Bollywood. He gained great popularity during the 1970s and has since become the most prominent figure in the history of Indian cinema. Bachchan won several awards in his career including 3 National Awards and 12 Filmfare Awards . His name holds the record for the highest number of Filmfare Awards for Best Actor.
Apart from acting, Bachchan has played important roles as a playback singer, film producer and TV presenter and an elected member of the Indian Parliament . After the polio eradication campaign , Amitabh Bachchan is now working on the Tobacco Prohibition Project . Bachchan was appointed UNICEF’s Goodwill Ambassador for the HIV/AIDS and Polio Eradication Campaign in April 2005.
Amitabh Bachchan was born on 11 October 1942 in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. His father’s name is Dr. Harivansh Rai Bachchan who was a famous Hindi poet . And his mother’s name was Teji Bachchan . who belonged to Karachi . In childhood, the childhood name was Inquilab. But later his name was changed to Amitabh . Which means “a light that will never be extinguished” . Another name of Amitabh Bachchan was also Srivastava . Amitabh Bachchan’s younger brother’s name is AbhijatIs. Amitabh Bachchan’s mother had a keen interest in theater and was offered a role in the film, but she chose to be a housewife. His mother also had a part in the choice of Amitabh’s career, as she always insisted that he had to make his career on the center stage. Amitabh Bachchan’s father died in 2003. Whereas his mother died on 21 December 2007.
Amitabh Bachchan has taken the degree of MA twice. Master of Arts He studied at Gyan Prabodhini and Boys High School (BHS) in Allahabad and then at Sherwood College in Nainital where he was admitted to the Faculty of Arts . Amitabh later went to Kirori Mal College of Delhi University to take education, from where he received his Bachelor of Science degree.
At the age of 20, Bachchan quit his job as a hire broker at Bird & Company, a Kolkata-based shipping firm , to try his career in acting. On 10 June 1973, he married actress Jaya Bhaduri according to Bengali rites . With whom he has two children daughter Shweta and son Abhishek Bachchan.
Amitabh Bachchan made his debut as a voice narrator in films with the film ‘Bhuvan Shome’ . But his career as an actor started with the film ‘Saat Hindustani’ , but after that he did many films but he could not be very successful, the film ‘Zanjeer’ proved to be the turning point of his career. After this, he made a flurry of hits continuously, along with this he became popular in every audience and got his acting iron in the film industry.
Amitabh Bachchan suffered serious injuries during the shooting of the film ‘Coolie’ on 26 July 1982. Due to which his condition had become so critical that it seemed that he was very close to death but due to the prayers of the people, he recovered.
After the injury suffered during the shooting of the film Coolie, he started feeling that he would not be able to do films and he further increased his politics . defeated by a majority of votes
He could not stay in politics for a long time, due to which he considered films suitable for himself.
When his company ABCL was facing financial crisis, his friend and politician Amar Singh helped him a lot. Later, Amitabh Bachchan also supported Amar Singh a lot in the Samajwadi Party, his wife Jaya Bachchan joined the Samajwadi Party and she became a member of the Rajya Sabha. Amitabh also did several advertisements and political campaigns for the party.
Return to films
- Once again he made a comeback in films and the film Shahenshah became a hit. After this, his performance in Agneepath was also highly appreciated and for this he also got the National Film Award, but during this time he could not show any special feat.
- Mohabbatein, which came in 2000, proved to be very helpful in saving the sinking career and the film and his performance were highly appreciated, after which he acted in many films which were well received by the critics as well as the audience.
- In 2005, he was once again awarded the National Film Award for the film Blackmail.
- In the film, he played the character of his son Abhishek Bachchan’s son. The film was well received and for this also he was once again awarded the National Award.
- He is also the brand ambassador of Gujarat Tourism for a long time.
- He did Kaun Banega Crorepati by Bulandiyas in the world of TV also became quite popular. It broke all the records of TRP and through this program many people became crorepati.
Books written on Amitabh
- Amitabh Bachchan: The Legend in 1999:
- To Be Not To Be in 2004
- AB: The Lizzed (A Photographer’s Tribute) in 2006
- Amitabh Bachchan: A Living Legend in 2006
- The Making of a Superstar in 2006
- Looking for the Big B : Bollywood
- Bachhanalia 2009 in Bachchan and Me 2007