Swami Vivekananda was such a thinking person who taught spiritual religious human life through his creations. He always believed in Karma. Swami Vivekananda believed that “keep striving to achieve your goal until you achieve your goal”. So come today in this article we are going to tell about Swami Vivekananda’s biography
Swami Vivekananda was born on 12 January 1863 in Kolkata . His full name was Narendra Nath Vishwanath Dutt . His father’s name was Vishwanath Dutt . His mother’s name was Bhuvaneshwari Devi . These were 9 siblings. Everyone in the house used to call Swami Vivekananda by the name of Narendra.
Vivekananda’s father was a reputed and successful lawyer in the Kolkata High Court, whose advocacy used to be discussed a lot. He had good command over both English and Persian languages. Mother of Swami Vivekananda who was a religious woman. He had good knowledge of religious texts like Ramayana and Mahabharata. His mother was also a talented and intelligent woman. Those who had knowledge of English language. Due to the good upbringing and values of his parents, he got a high level of thinking in his life. He believed that – “Keep trying to achieve your goal until you get your goal.”
- In 1871, Narendra Nath was admitted to the Metropolitan Institute of Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar .
- In 1877, the family of Narendra Nath ji also had to go to Raipur due to this reason, due to which the third grade studies were hampered.
- After his family returned to Kolkata in 1879, he became the first student to secure the entrance examination of Presidency College .
- Narendra ji always took part in physical yoga, sports and all activities, from being well versed in Indian traditional music. He was also very interested in Hindu scriptures such as Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana, Mahabharata and Puranas.
- Swami Vivekananda completed the examination of fine arts in 1881, from there in 1884 he took a graduation degree from the subject of art.
- In 1884, he passed the BA examination with good marks and then he started studying law.
- Swami Vivekananda’s father died in 1884. After that the responsibility of his 9 siblings had come on his head, but he did not panic about it, sold on his determination and fulfilled his responsibilities well.
- In 1889, Narendra’s family returned to Kolkata. Due to his sharp intellect, he once again got admission in the school and he completed the course of 3 years in 1 year.
- Swami Vivekananda had a lot of interest in subjects like philosophy, religion, history and social science, that is why he used to study these subjects with great enthusiasm, that was why he was also a complete knower of scriptures and scriptures.
- Studied European history at the General Assembly Institute .
- Swami Vivekananda had knowledge of Bengali language. Influenced by the books of Swami Vivekananda ji Herbert Spencer , he translated Spencer’s book Education into Bengali language.
- Swami Vivekananda received a lot of praise from his gurus also, hence he is also called Shrutidhar.
Swami Vivekananda’s meeting with Ram Krishna Paramhansa
Swami Vivekananda ji was a person of great curiosity since childhood. Due to which he once asked Maharishi Devendranath the question “Have you ever seen God?” Maharishi ji was surprised by this question of Swami ji and he advised to go to Ramakrishna Paramhansa to pacify Swami ji’s curiosity, after this Swami Vivekananda accepted Ramakrishna Paramhansa as his guru and followed the path shown by him. Started. Vivekananda was so impressed by Ramakrishna Paramhansa that his devotion to duty and reverence for his guru went on increasing in his mind.
1885 Ramakrishna Paramhans succumbed to cancer. After which Vivekananda served his Guru. Similarly, their relationship went on deepening. After the death of Ram Krishna ji, Narendra founded the Ramakrishna Sangh in Varahanagar. Later it was named as Rama Krishna Math . After the establishment of Ramakrishna Math, Narendra Nath ji took a vow of celibacy and he became Swami Vivekananda from Narendra.
At the age of 25, he had assumed ocher complexion and after that he set out on a walking tour of India. During his walking tour, he visited many places including Agra, Ayodhya, Varanasi, Vrindavan, Alwar. During the journey, he came to know about the evils like caste discrimination, he also tried to eradicate them. 23 December 1892 Swami Swami Vivekananda remained in solemn samadhi in Kanyakumari for 3 days. After returning from here, he reached Rajasthan and met his Guru Bhai Swami Brahmanand and Turyanand .
- At the age of 30, Swami Vivekananda represented Hinduism at the World Conference of Religions in America.
- Gurudev Rabindranath ji used to say that if you want to know India, then read Vivekananda ji, I will find everything positive, not even negative.
- Tried to connect people through cultural sentiments.
- Tried to eradicate the evils associated with casteism and explained the importance of lower castes and worked to connect them with the mainstream of the society.
- Swami Vivekananda has also played an important role in explaining the true meaning of Indian religious compositions.
- Swami Vivekananda made his important contribution in explaining the importance of Hindutva to the world.
- Vivekananda ji coordinated new thinking on religious traditions.
Swami Vivekananda died on July 4, 1902 at the age of 39. But according to his disciples, Swami Vivekananda had taken Maha-samadhi. He had said in his prediction that he would not live more than 40 years. The last rites of this great man were performed on the banks of river Ganges .